Introduction

Introduction

My name is David, Year 2 of CDM in TU Dublin so this post will just be a little introduction to who I am.

Why CDM?

When picking a course I was obviously looking for what would be the most beneficial to me with my various aspirations and interests and none came close to CDM, it was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I've always being big into movies and video games but something I always took a particular interest in within both of those was artistic direction. CDM seemed like the perfect choice to explore that and acquire artistic skills to implement in the film or gaming industries. People often underestimate the importance of graphic designers, cameramen, video or audio editors in entertainment today, whereas I find them to be the most important part. So as someone who's keen for a career in entertainment, CDM was the way to go for me.

Favourite Module of Year 1;

Last year I had a lot of fun with most of the modules but my favourite would have to be Design Process and Practice. Really enjoyed the process of designing my posters and seeing how the final product looked. Getting used to and experimenting with illustrator was pretty fun and learning and implementing typography just enhanced the experience as a whole and was super interesting.

Favourite Movies;

I'm a huge movie buff, always have been. Hugely into all of Martin Scorsese, Tarantino, Tim Burton and Peter Jackson movies. I'm also really into 80's and 90's horrors, especially the cringe worthy cheesy ones, Evil Dead for example.I'll always enjoy a good super hero movie too, I loved Watchmen, Batman 89' and Spider-man 2 but one of my favourite films is actually Logan, I thought it was a masterpiece from start to finish and done the character immense justice. The Lord of the Rings would be my favourite series of movies, could talk about it all day.

Favourite Music ( Games, TV, Movies and General);

I probably have earphones in 90% of the day, music just makes me get by I appreciate good music so much. I could love a movie for the soundtrack alone, the LOTR soundtrack is a big reason why it's my favourite. Game of Thrones is one of my favourite shows and even though so many people shit on the last season I really enjoyed it and that maybe down to the soundtrack being absolutely incredible.American Horror Story is another favourite with an outstanding soundtrack. Games also have some fantastic soundtracks that I'm a big fan of games like the Witcher, Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, Devil May Cry, Tekken and Final Fantasy all have insanely good soundtracks that contribute to me wanting to come back to them. My day to day music taste is all over the place, I'd primarily listen to hard rock but in no way exclusively. I could spend an hour listening to a mix of music from the likes of Slipknot to Hall & Oates to Poppy to Fleetwood Mac to Black Eyes Peas to David Bowie. I appreciate music regardless of genre, unless it's mumble rap, fuck mumble rap.

Favourite Food;

I used to think it was steak, then I went to Mad Egg on Camden Street. Just go to Mad Egg you'll see why. 
I can't stop thinking about it.
https://www.madegg.ie/
 

Comments

  1. Hi David, This was really interesting to read. Your reasons for choosing CDM is quite similar to mine, the different aspects of digital media that this course offers was just great so you are never really restricted to career choices in the future.
    Your music taste is impressive and yes Mad Egg is just elite their desserts are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dvaid, period to the first paragraph this course is underrated but its the future so we finna talk peoples jobs oops. AH- same I loved Design Process we had Mark as our professors it was actually so fun man. Can't relate with the movie buff part but go off king ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿผ OMG I love AHS so much YES ๐ŸคŒ๐Ÿผimmaculate! Those burgers looks delic ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David I like your introduction post ! Last year I really love design process and practice as well as I loved looking at different typography and implementing it into my project. When I comes to music I also really like Fleetwood Mac and Black Eyed Peas they're very good and they have a lot of really good songs in their catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David I'm a big fan of films also and Tarantinos films are great. Ive never been to Mad Egg myself but have only heard good things an will have to go myself now and see what its like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David. How are you?

    Nice introduction. I love films, i dont know if i have ever seen Tarantino's films before. I just saw him get mad at an interviewer once and a paparrazzi lol. I may have seen some Tim Burton movies but I liked the first Percy Jackson movie (the snake hair lady kind of freaked me out though lol) Im not the biggest Black Eyes Peas fan (except for a few songs that are pretty dope) but I love Fleetwood Mac. I struggled with Design Proccess and Practice last year but Im getting the hang od graphic design in Visual Design Fundamentals. I enjoyed reading your introduction.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment