Game Idea Research

Game Mechanics

The game I decided to move forward with is the third person beat em' up fighting game. The initial idea I had for it was that it would have various worlds/levels to represent different countries different traditional fighting types, culture and atmospheres. I'd like the mechanics to begin fairly basic and become more complex as the game progresses.

Controls;

I'd like the controls to be traditional with WASD player movement and camera controlled with the mouse.  I'd like a quick strike with the right click and a strong strike with a right hold, block with a left click and to have the mouse scroll wheel change the fighting styles once the new styles are unlocked by defeating the various bosses of each fighting type. 
Fighting types would be unlocked in their country of origin, 
e,g; Japan(Karate), USA(Wrestling),  Korea (Taekwondo),  Brazil (Capoeira) etc.
Possible Fighting Styles to include


Interactions;

I'd like the areas to be full of enemies with various fighting types depending on what area they're in. They'd block the path for the player to get to the objective and when the player comes within a certain radius then the npc will react and begin to fight the player in their specific style. When the player gets within combat range of an npc then their health bar will show up on the top right opposite the players health that will be on the right side of the screen.
Combat and distance tutorial i found on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iata8FvPK8

Switching Styles;

I'd like the fighting styles to be one of the most appealing aspects of the games, there would be symbols for the styles on the top left under the health bar. Pretty similar to how weapons are changed in Grand Theft Auto and similar open world games. I'd make illustrations for each similar to the images I posted above. The styles would be unlocked through defeating the more difficult bosses and they would be changed by using the mouse wheel. The players stance and movements would change when selecting them, I'm predicting the game would obviously be pretty small so I expect to only fit about 3 maybe 4 styles in. 
Grand Theft Auto; melee symbol.

Comments

  1. Hi David I really like the game idea research and am looking forward to the finished product. It reminds me of games like mortal combat and like the how you intend to add the certain mechanics into the game like the different worlds levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daivd.

    I dont think I have seen anyone else this year so far come up with a game idea that involves a Smash Bro like traditional fighting 1 v 1 game. Im so curious to see what it is like. Im also curious to discover how the coding of the game is going to be like, as in if it will be easier or harder than the coding of other games. I also find it interesting how you associated the skills with different countries. I cannot wait to play it.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello David, I like the game that you came up with and I am interested about how you will make it and if it will be different to how I imagine it. I personally would find making a fighting game pretty difficult as I don't know how to make animations. I like the different fighting styles idea you have for the corner of the screen. I wonder if you could add weapons to the game such as swords for different characters. I feel like this game idea could turn out very well if made very well. I'm sure you'll do a great job in creating it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment