Favorite Games

"What's your favourite game?" has always been a difficult question for me. The main reason for this is because I've always been open to trying every type of game out there and therefore the majority of my favourites are vastly different in their own ways.
Gaming has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember, some of my earliest memories in life is playing Tekken and Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.

After a long think, the three games I've decided to talk about will be The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, God Of War (PS4) and Ratchet and Clank 3.


The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt. 



The Witcher 3 is on top of my list as it's the most complete, immersive, beautiful, refined experience I've ever had with a controller in my hand. It was something I came into already with a big interest in folklore and mythology so it already had me hooked in that aspect but within the first half hour I was engulfed in the original lore of the Witcher and found myself wanting to discover more and more. The main protagonist is a monster hunter cursed with the inability of emotions but somehow the games world is so alive and interactive that it's so difficult not to get sucked into it and feel an emotional connection with the characters. From dark swamp-lands to flourishing civilized cites to forests overflowing with flora, the scenery is at most times breathtaking. The gameplay includes modern action adventure combat with unique powers included. Most time will be spent on horseback taking in the scenery travelling from objective to objective with smooth control over the horse. Gameplay, graphics and story are flawless and I couldn't put into words how much I appreciate the love put into this game.


God Of War (PS4)















The God of War franchise was always a gory hack n' slash game about the greek mythology and as much as I love Greek mythology, after many attempts I just couldn't get into it. The franchise rebooted in 2018 and steered towards Norse mythology which I had interest in but didn't know too much about, it also took a huge change in gameplay and direction. Within 10 minutes I noticed it was one of the most stunning games I'd ever played, as I progressed through it I realised it had an incredible and innovative combat system and overall great controls. The story introduces many characters from Norse Mythology and tells us all its own iteration of famous Norse stories throughout while implementing the franchises own extensive lore. I found myself obsessed with Norse Mythology by the time I'd finished this game. The story is super creative and I found myself so emotionally invested in the characters progression and development throughout. The story takes place in the various Norse realms all equally stunning and true
to its lore. This whole game was flawless, an unforgettable experience and I'm eagerly awaiting its sequel.


Ratchet and Clank 3



I first played Ratchet and Clank 3 on the PlayStation 2 when I was around seven or eight years old. I was immediately drawn in by the colourful worlds and charismatic characters. The gameplay was extremely fluid and fun and the series has kept that tradition over the decade later. On top of the fantastic gameplay, the story is surprisingly good, the voice acting is phenomenal and the characters are quite memorable in the best way. Since playing this game I've purchased every entry since and spent hundreds of hours on them and the latest entry on the PS5 was mind bogglingly good. I'd say the new one would be my favourite one if I didn't have so much nostalgia for the third game.

Comments